Building Safety and Codes
In our everyday lives we all rely on the safety of structures. There is a public need for protection from disaster caused by fire, structural collapse, and general deterioration of the structure. This is the fundamental reason behind the need for building codes and their administration. The intent of the building inspectors is to provide the highest level of expertise possible to protect, life safety, property, and environment through effective plans review and inspection process to ensure code compliance.
As of July 1, 2022 the State of NH has addopted the 2018 ICC codes, 2020 NEC and 2018 NFPA 101 & 1 codes. The City of Claremont has adopted the following codes with any amendments, revisions and re-adoptions in accordance with amendments adopted by the state building code, rules, or local regulations. For a full list of New Hampshire adopted codes click here.
- International Building Code 2018
- International Plumbing Code 2018
- International Mechanical Code 2018
- International Energy Conservation Code 2018
- International Residential Code 2018
- International Existing Building Code 2018
- International Property Maintenance Code 2021
- International Swimming Pool & Spa Code 2018
- National Electric Code 2020
- 2018 National Fire Protection Association 101
- 2009 ICC Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities (ICC A117.1 - 2009)