Electric Aggregation Committee
The purpose of the Electric Aggregation Committee will be to:
- study community electric aggregation,
- make recommendations for or against the City’s participation in such a program, and, if agreed upon,
- develop a municipal aggregation plan in accordance with RSA 53-E:6.
The Electric Aggregation Committee shall be composed of five (5) members appointed by the City Council, consisting of:
- one (1) Council Representative,
- two (2) Energy Advisory Committee members, with terms expiring on alternating years, and
- two (2) regular members, with terms expiring on alternating years, and
- two (2) Energy Advisory Committee members that can serve as alternate members for any vacant regular member seat, with terms expiring on alternating years.
The Electric Aggregation Committee will report to the Energy Advisory Committee who will make recommendations to the City Council.
After serving for 22 years in Military Intelligence, Mayor Charlene Lovett retired as an Army Chief Warrant Officer in 2003. Upon retiring, she worked for six years in the Washington D.C. area for a company that provided intelligence training to military and federal employees. In 2008, she returned to her hometown of Claremont NH and became actively involved in the community. She has served as a member of the school board, chair of both Valley Regional Hospital Board of Trustees and the River Valley Community College Advisory Committee, a legislator in the NH House of Representatives, a city councilor and currently the mayor since 2016. She also currently serves on the Sullivan County Public Health Advisory Council, the State Health Assessment/State Health Improvement Plan Advisory Council and the State Workforce Innovation Board.