Come join our team!
Performs professional level planning and zoning services in a collaborative work environment with economic development, project management, building code and board and commission staff. Interacts with public and collaborates with management staff and elected officials.
Essential Job Functions:
Serves as the City’s principal Planner by:
- Providing land use/planning services;
- Overseeing implementation and updating of the City’s Master Plan;
- Overseeing other long-term planning projects as assigned by the Planning & Development Director;
- Coordinating City planning activities with state, regional and federal regulations including land use law and subdivision regulations;
- Updating the City’s zoning ordinance, site plan, subdivision and driveway regulations as needed;
Acting as Chairperson of the Technical Review Committee. Serves as City’s Zoning Administrator:
- Through the application and enforcement of land use laws and ordinance;
- By interpreting the City zoning ordinance for applicants and the public.
Assists Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment by:
- Supervising preparation of the agenda for and minutes of board meetings;
- Providing a written review of each agenda items with suggested motions and conditions;
- Attending all board meetings;
- Issuing final notices of decision;
- Creating complete records of board cases;
- Acting as Clerk of the Planning Board and Zoning Board.
- Provides staff support to the Historic District Commission and the Conservation Commission.
- Confers with Planning and Development Director to keep her/him informed on key issues and progress toward objectives.
- Provides land use support and resources to other outside own work area to coordinate efforts and maintain cooperative and efficient relations.
- Researches availability of grant funding and may prepare grants to further city land use objectives.
- May be required to serve on or attend meetings of other committees.
- Prepare related reports and documents and requested.
- Attend staff meetings. May prepare report of meeting and critique of proposed projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will possess:
Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) or equivalent from a college or university in planning, Planning & Development, public administration, geography, or related field; Five (5) years of progressively responsible related experience, including preferably two (2) years in a supervisory capacity; or; Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
Compensation & Benefits
Up to $79,252.74/Annually to Start
Rich benefit package to include:
Participation in the New Hampshire Retirement System
Competitive health insurance plan, with no plan year deductible
Dental - No cost for single coverage
Vacation, personal, and sick leave
11 Paid holidays
Please submit application and/or resume to:
58 Opera House Square
Claremont, NH 03743
Or via e-mail at:
The City of Claremont is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 09-07-2023
Expire Date: Open until filled
Contact Name: Jamie Young
Contact Email: email@example.com