City Clerk- Tax Collector- PT
Performs complex technical and clerical work assisting the City Tax Collector/City Clerk. The purpose of the work is to assist the City tax Collector/City Clerk in carrying out the functions and responsibilities of the office by executing a variety of clerical operations and interpreting regulations in accordance with established procedures. The work performed affects the accuracy and reliability of the department and could serve as the basis for future legal actions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accepts voter registration applications, maintains the computer voter checklist of the three wards and assists the City tax Collector/City Clerk with the municipal election process.
- Processes and maintains vital statistic records and other documents maintained by the clerk’s office in accordance with State laws. Issues certified copies, as requested, in person or by written request.
- Prepares certificates of title and motor vehicle registrations with calculations of local and State fees. Reports daily to the State substation and Department of Safety on the registrations processed for the State and deposits State funds.
- Balances cash drawer on a daily basis and prepares deposit and written report and verifies remittances with computer generated cash edit report for each type of cash receipt as mentioned above.
- Issues a variety of licenses after ascertaining compliance with requirements and collects the mandated fees.
- Receives payments for property taxes, timber tax, excavation tax, tax liens, water/sewer payments, current use, special assessments including partial payment and interest calculations.
- Searches records to provide requested information to the public, department directors or other staff.
Date Posted: 09-07-2023
Expire Date: 10-31-2023
Contact Name: Jamie Young
Contact Email: email@example.com