With COVID-19 numbers rapidly increasing, we will be taking extra precautions at the Claremont Savings Bank Community Center and mandate that all patrons wear a mask while not actively exercising while in the facility.
Temperature screenings will now be required for entry to the Claremont Savings Bank Community Center.
You will be required to undergo a temperature screening with no-touch thermometers before entry to the CSBCC.
Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will not be allowed to enter the Claremont Savings Bank Community Center.
Before you leave home, be sure to check your temperature as an extra layer of precaution.
We will continue to update our members as we make changes to our operating procedures to ensure the safety of our users.
Youth Basketball COVID-19 Update
In every effort to keep our basketball programs as safe as possible, we will be adding some additional safety protocols to the upcoming Start Smart, Kindergarten and 3rd – 8th Grade Warm-Up Weeks at the Community Center.
• To keep our numbers down in the gymnasium, only 1 parent per child may enter the CSBCC facility.
• If your child is in the 3rd & 4th grade group or the 5th - 8th grade group, we ask that, if possible, you drop your child off and return after the program is over to pick up your child. The parent must be masked at all times.
• For Grades Pre-K through 2nd, we ask that if a parent chooses to wait in the gym that they are using physical distancing protocols. The parent must be masked at all times.
• All players must wear a mask when entering and leaving the facility. Masks are strongly encouraged during the skills and drills sessions. Instructors will help ensure safe distancing for participants at all times and advise when players should wear a mask.
• We ask that you arrive to your session no more than 10 minutes prior to the start.
• All players must bring their own water bottle. Water fountains are not functioning at this time.
Before arriving to each session, we ask that the parents complete the following self-screening for each of their children entering the facility and are able to answer NO to each of the questions. If your child cannot answer “no” to any of the following, he or she should not participate that day. Any parent who will be entering the building must also be able to answer NO to each of these questions.
A. Has any symptoms of COVID-19 (see Universal Guidelines for list of potential symptoms) or fever of 100.4 degrees F or higher.
B. Has had any close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have had COVID-19 in the past 14 days. (NOTE: Healthcare workers caring for COVID-19 patients while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment should answer “no” to this question).
C. Traveled in the past 14 days either:
1. Internationally (outside the U.S.),
2. By cruise ship, or
3. Domestically (within the U.S.) outside of NH, VT, or ME on public transportation (e.g., bus, train, plane, etc.).
COVID-19 Waiver Info. for all Claremont Parks & Rec. Programs
We will continue to monitor the safety of the program and will make changes or adjustments as necessary.
By participating in events/programs sponsored by the Claremont Parks and Recreation Department and by visiting the City of Claremont parks/facilities you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold the City of Claremont/Claremont Parks and Recreation Department, or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
CSBCC Updated COVID-19 Policies
In preparation for the Fall and kids starting their new school year off with the hybrid model of learning, the Parks and Recreation Department reviewed and updated a few of the polices regarding COVID-19 at the Claremont Savings Bank Community Center (CSBCC) .
Age Requirements for Entering CSBCC
Patrons under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult unless you are in Middle School/High School and registered for a specific time slot for the gymnasium, pool or fitness room. Students registered for these programs must meet age requirements for use of the pool and fitness center. To help maintain social distancing and maximum capacity requirements, participants must stay in the area they registered for and not move from one program area to another. When their assigned time slot comes to an end, students will need to exit the CSBCC as tables, common areas and the exterior of the building are not available for gatherings.
Patrons Under the Age of 14 and above Age 10
To help accommodate our younger members and to still adhere to COVID-19 policies and procedures, we have added time slots for this age group to utilize. There is a limited number of time slots available for the gym, pool and fitness room. Participants must sign up each week. You can sign up for the Monday/Thursday Option (A) or the Tuesday/Friday Option (B). Time slots are available from either 2:30-3:30 PM (1) or 3:45-4:45 PM (2). There is no cost for members to sign up and the cost for non-members is $6 per week. Participants will only be allowed to participate in the area they are registered for and must report to that area once they check into the Community Center. You can register for these activities by visiting our website at Claremontparks.com or by calling (603) 542-7019. Keep an eye out for more activities to be added; kids will be able to register for them as they become available.
*Participants must be 12 years or older to use the fitness room and must have completed the fitness orientation.
** Programs begin September 10th
Pool Parties and Room Rentals
Starting on October 3rd, pool parties will be allowed for no more than 10 children in the party. Space is limited to only these specific time slots on Saturdays and Sundays from 3PM to 5 PM and will include one hour of pool time followed by one hour of time in the birthday room. The pool will be closed to all others at this time.
Room rentals at the CSBCC are currently available during limited time slots on Saturdays and Sundays for two hour blocks. The time slots are from 10AM-12PM and from 2PM-4PM.
For more information on Pool Parties and Room Rentals, please call the CSBCC at (603) 542-7019.
All members/patrons entering the building are mandated to wear a face mask while entering and while walking through the halls. You do not need to wear a face mask when working out. You cannot wear a protective face mask while in the pool.
The CSBCC will be open for regular operating hours:
• Monday – Thursday: 5:30 AM-9 PM
• Friday: 5:30 AM-7 PM
• Saturday & Sunday: 8 AM-6 PM
We will continually re-evaluate our operating hours/days to make sure we are meeting the requirements set forth in the guidelines.
Participants 16 years of age or older will be allowed to use the facility. Any patrons under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years or older, at all times while using the facility.
• Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from others.
• Anyone who considers themselves as part of a “vulnerable population” are recommended to avoid the CSBCC and follow State of New Hampshire recommendations for self-quarantine.
• All staff will be required to administer the COVID-19 self-screening test and have answered NO to all 5 questions before reporting to work every day.
• All staff are required to wear PPE/personal protective equipment (masks) while working in close proximity to other staff or patrons.
• Signage is posted for members to review upon arrival relating to the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If they have any of these signs, they are not to enter the facility.
• All members/patrons entering the building are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask while entering and while walking through the halls. You do not need to wear a face mask when working out. You cannot wear a protective face mask while in the pool.
• We will offer directional access into the CSBCC through the main entrance. We ask that there be only one person/family group or person with caregiver in the elevator or stairwell at a time
• Cleaning supplies will be readily available throughout the facility so you can disinfect items before and after your use.
• Most group exercise classes will continue to take place outside.
• Locker room facilities can be used for changing clothes, showering and toileting. Preferably, however, members will have “wear in/wear-out” clothes that do not need to be changed.
• Locker rooms may be closed for brief periods of time for cleaning and disinfecting. Closing will occur with minimal or no notice.
• Most common area seating has been removed.
• Yoga mats, basketballs, weight lifting belts and other similar equipment will not be available. Please bring your own equipment.
• Gymnasium use will be allowed. Physical distancing is required and no contact sports are allowed at this time. Equipment will not be provided. Please bring your own ball in for use.
• Water fountains will be disabled. Please bring your own water.
• Reservations will be required to reserve a lane in the swimming pool during designated times for lap swimming. This will be offered through an online reservation system. Please CLICK HERE to access the online registration system.
• Please check the COVID-19 CSBCC Pool Schedule link on the home page to see when lap swimming and open swim will be available.
• Room reservations/rentals are not being taken at this time.
We continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and our Facebook page. We can’t wait to see our members again — and we know you can’t wait to get back into your exercise routines!