Vehicle Registration Payments Applications, Forms & Registrations
The City Clerk’s Office or also known in Claremont as Central Collections is generally the department that receives taxes and license (excluding drivers) related fees. The department’s secondary purpose is to keep records required by statute. The following is a list of payments and permits accepted by this department.
- Motor Vehicle Registrations
- Voter Registration
- Ward Map Info
- Absentee Ballot Information
- Payment of Property Taxes
- Payment of Yield Taxes
- Payment of Land Use Taxes
- Payment of Excavation Taxes
- Dog Licensing and Associated Fees
- Liens (IRS and other securing interest)
- Transfer Station Permits
- Marriage License
- Vital Records (marriage, birth and death)
- Water and Sewer Payments
- Dredge and Fill Permits (filling of wetlands)
- Information on Articles of Agreement
- Notary and Justice of the Peace Functions
State of New Hampshire RSA 466:1 requires that every owner or keeper of a dog four months old or older shall annually cause it to be registered, numbered, described, and licensed for one year in the city or town in which the dog is kept. Regardless of when the license is obtained, the license shall be effective from May 1st of each year to April 30th of the subsequent year.
For more information: Dog Licensing FAQ
Tickets Purchased at: City Hall, Central Collections or Golden Cross @ 1 Lincoln Heights Transfer Station Hours: Tuesday & Saturday 8:00AM - 4:00PM The Claremont Transfer Station does not accept construction or demolition material from commercial haulers and vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight over 19,000 lbs.
What can I bring for free?
Transfer Station Fee Schedule
Transfer Station Decal and Process
Temporary Transfer Station Decal Form
Address: 58 Opera House Square, Claremont, N.H. 03743-2677
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am-12:30 pm & 1:30 pm-5:00 pm