Vision Online GIS (Online Mapping) FAQ
The Assessing Department’s primary responsibility is to discover, list and value all property in accordance with New Hampshire State Law. This webpage is designed to offer some answers to commonly asked questions, highlight some of our other responsibilities, as well as provide forms and applications online. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Appraise and assess all real estate located in the city
- Maintain accurate property record cards and files
- Validate real estate transactions occurring within the City
- Administer Tax Exemptions and Tax Credits in accordance with State Law
- Administer the Current Use Program
- Administer the Timber and Gravel Tax Programs
- Process and defend property tax appeals at the local level as well as before the Board of Tax and Land Appeals & Superior Court
- Provide public relations for the programs and responsibilities of the Assessing Department
- Maintain standards of professional practice through educational programs and periodic recertification by the State of New Hampshire
For a general outline and explanation of the process click here.
Address: 58 Opera House Square, Claremont, N.H. 03743
Phone: (603) 542-7004
Fax: (603) 542-7014
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM